Vision, Mission and TUICO Objectives.
TUICO envisage being strong and democratic Trade Union which provides high quality services to its members.
Our Mission Statement
TUICO is committed to provide high quality services that satisfy the identified needs of TUICO’s membership through:
- Building capacity of TUICO leaders at all levels.
- Effectively educating members to understand new Labour Laws and how to use the established Institutions.
- Sensitizing TUICO members on their rights and responsibilities.
- Promoting proactive democratic Trade Union that is for social justice in the country.
- Preparing TUICO members to acquire capacity to cope with retirement, retrenchment and illness shocks.
- Creating a sustainable Trade Union which is financially sound.
In order to safeguard workers rights and conditions at work so as to attain better living conditions to its members and workers in general TUICO strives:-
- To protect and champion for workers’ rights and to ensure that benefits, health, safety and working environment are improved and maintained.
- To bargain with employers in order to maintain harmonious labour relations at work place.
- To establish and monitor the implementation of Voluntary Agreements, Awards, Staff Rules and any other Labour Laws applicable in the country.
- To cooperate and exchange expertise and experience with other Trade Unions within the country and Global Unions with intent to obtain, preserve and to disseminate information or education on specific issues relating to Trade Union.
- To represents workers in labour disputes and to provide legal advice
- To ensure that workers council and forums are established at workplaces
- To empower youth and women and workers with disabilities so that they can effectively participate in decision making at the workplaces
- To cooperate with government and stakeholders in ensuring that labour laws and policies are protecting workers interests
- To make sure that all ILO Conventions ratified by Tanzania are adhered to.